gairsaintimes.com recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy of information and will keep the information you entrust to us safely and securely.
This policy tells you how gairsaintimes.com collects information from you, how we protect it and how we use it, and share all personal information which you provide when you use gairsaintimes.com. This application of this policy does not extend to the practices of companies that gairsaintimes.com does not own or control or to people that gairsaintimes.com does not employ or manage.
- INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
gairsaintimes.com wants to make your experience online satisfying and safe. Our data collection policies allow you to choose how much information to provide us and to control how we use whatever information you tell us. Our goal is to provide you with a robust experience while allowing you to control your privacy and giving you a means to voice any questions or concerns you may have.
Information is collected from you primarily to make it easier and more rewarding for you to use our services. Depending on the service you are accessing, you could be asked at various times to provide information such as your name, email address or information about what you like and do not like.
The following is what we normally collect about you to help us provide you with our services, where we can:
- Information on how you use our website, including details of your domain name and Internet Protocol address, operating system, browser, cookies, time spent on a page or content, and the route you took to navigate through the pages.
- Other data, from time to time, to help us provide you with improved products and services.
If you choose not to provide us with certain information we may not be able to provide you with a particular service.
gairsaintimes.com also automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, gairsaintimes.com cookie information and the page you requested. In addition, when you use gairsaintimes.coms services, you may make some of your personal information public.
If you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return and gairsaintimes.com will not be responsible for the use or misuse of such information. The main uses of your personal information are to verify your identity; to help provide our services; to administer those services; to enable us to review and improve our service to provide access to certain areas of the website; to personalise your visit to our Site; to run competitions and games and to assist with advertising and other revenue generation functions.
The information we collect is also used to notify visitors about events, changes and other information about this Site. The information we collect is never shared with other organizations for commercial or other purposes.
This information may be used for marketing (where you have agreed to this) and for market research purposes, including internal demographic studies, to provide, optimise and personalise our services and to send you newsletters and information (where you have agreed to this) about our products and services.
We may use information about you to create a picture of your interests. This will allow us to understand our customers and visitors better, so we can make our services and marketing more relevant. Information that we use in this way may include:
- information about your use of this Site;
- household classification data,
- your responses to communications from us;
- information you provide when you register on a Site;
- customer surveys;
- INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
gairsaintimes.com will NOT disclose personally identifiable information about you to third parties except in the following situations:
- We have your consent to share the information;
- We need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested;
- We need to share the information with certain service partners in order to respond to your comments or to resolve service issues. (Unless we tell you differently, these partners have no independent right to use this information except to respond to your comments or to resolve the service issues);
- We respond to requests from any Indian or foreign government, security, defense, revenue, regulatory or other authority, agency or officer;
- When applicable law or regulation requires disclosure of information to protect the safety or security of users of our Site;
- We find that your actions on our Site violate the comterms of service or any of our usage guidelines for specific products or services;
- We may need to share details with third parties (such as auditors or legal advisors) to obtain advice. Any such processing will be governed by an agreement in the form required by law, preserving any statutory data protection rights.
- USE OF INFORMATION FOR MARKETING
In line with any permission you give us, we may send you direct marketing about our own, or carefully selected third parties’ goods and services and disclose your information to other organisations that may send direct marketing to you. You can change your marketing preferences if you are registered with us. In addition, you can unsubscribe from email communications via unsubscribe links provided in communications sent to you.
To improve the responsiveness of the Site for our users, we may use “cookies”, or similar electronic tools to collect information to assign each visitor a unique, random number as a User Identification (User ID) to understand the user’s individual interests using the Identified Computer. Unless you voluntarily identify yourself (through registration, for example), we will have no way of knowing who you are, even if we assign a cookie to your computer. The only personal information a cookie can contain is information you supply (an example of this is when you ask for our Newsletter). A cookie cannot read data off your hard drive. Our advertisers may also assign their own cookies to your browser (if you click on their ads), a process that we do not control.
We take various precautions to keep your personal information secure from unauthorized access and will store your personal information for so long as it is necessary to provide you our services or for archive purposes. You are responsible for keeping your User ID and password secure and you should not disclose them to anyone.
- NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES